The packaging of bottled mineral water is marked with the production time and shelf life. The shelf life of ordinary bottled mineral water is one year, and the shelf life of bottled mineral water is generally three months. Everybody drink bottled mineral water, very convenient, open the lid can drink, but sometimes we can't drink a bottle of mineral water at one breath, so we will put the lid on and later to drink, sometimes will be finished within a day, sometimes every other day or night to drink, so the mineral water is unsafe at this time? Has it gone bad? A lot of people don't know. Today we're going to tell you how long it takes to open a bottle of mineral water before it becomes unfit to drink.
How long does it take for mineral water to go bad after it's opened?
Suggestion: Drink the bottled mineral water within 12 hours.
Why is that? Because the more time you spend in open bottled water, the more bacteria will grow in it. What kind of environment do you drink bottled water under? Is it usually hot in summer? The hot summer temperatures are good for bacteria to thrive, and when we open the bottle, the water is already invaded by bacteria. Over time the bacteria will grow faster and faster in the right temperature.
Some people have done experiments. After 24 hours in a room with an average temperature of 20 degrees Celsius and an average humidity of 80 percent, the number of bacteria in open bottled water grew from 600 to 1,100. As time went on, bacteria multiplied faster and faster. That's why it's recommended that you use bottled mineral water within 12 hours.